Here's Alec Corona with your weekend plans. We've tried to open this up to more than just music this time. If we missed something, let us know in the comments!
- Discipline | Rubber Gloves | Doors: 10pm | Free
Rubber Gloves is dishing out another free show tonight. Get ready for a night of Obscure Industrial, Post Punk, Noise, No Wave, Goth Rock, and Neo Folk. If you can't catch Discipline tonight, catch them at their Two Year Anniversary Celebration on Saturday!
- Afro Deezy Axe / Human Groove Hormone | Abbey Underground | Show: 9pm | Free 21+
- Cody Canada | The Departed with special guest The Cadillac Black | Rocking Rodeo | Doors: 8pm | $12 plus applicable fees 18+
Friday, February 22nd:
- “R.I.P.H.S | Liberty Christian School | Friday 7pm, Saturday 2pm & 7pm, Sunday 2pm | Adults $10
R.I.P.H.S. is a "dance-ical" written by Liberty fine arts teacher Kirk Holland featuring music by Weezer, Beck, and the Lumineers,
- Samothrace / Akkolyte, Steel Bearing Hand, Terminator 2 |Rubber Gloves | $7/$9 | 9pm
Catch Terminator 2 before they go out on tour and bring their specific brand of 90's rock to the rest of the country.
Saturday, February 23rd:
- Kraken Presents: Stephen Danos & Alex Lemon | Paschall Bar | 6pm
- Listenings | Green Space Art Collective | $5
Ronnie Jo Stufflebeam, Tony Pisculli, Rob Bosquez and Benjamin Inn are all reading this time. Expect some new work from Christopher David Taylor, Erica Cole and Daniel J. Pucul, too. The theme this month is “Love, Lust and All That Bullshit.”
- Chambers / Pageantry / Phonolux / Sacco and Vanzetti | Hailey's Club | $1/$5 | 8pm
We’ve covered lots of these bands in the week that we’ve been back. Them them out here and here.
- Cotton Jones / Treelines | Dan's Silverleaf | $10 | 9pm
- Senor Fin / Bad Design / Honey and Salt (Austin) / Bashe | Macaroni Island | Free | 9pm
We wrote about Bad Design earlier in the week. This is your chance to check them and some other great bands out.
Sunday, February 24th
- Hares on the Mountain - Dan’s Silvearleaf | 7pm | Free
And, as always, hit up Dan’s early Sunday evening for some always-good Americana for free, but you're already going, right?