There's a lot going on in Denton this week. Here's a list of We Denton Do It-approved things you can do (and one thing you shouldn't). We'll be updating with some coverage during the festival and might make some changes to the list as we go, so keep checkin' back. Oh, and don't fest too hard, ladies and gents!
1. Have the dudes from Pan Ector print you a shirt and watch them make it.
2. Listen to 35 Denton Discussion Panel Coordinator, Cody Robinson’s, Spotify playlist: Click here to open playlist in Spotify
3. Go watch local faves, Backwater Opera, 10:30pm at Dan’s on Thursday.
4. Listen to Denton/Dallas band, Comrade, fill in the Hole in Denton Square Donuts at 11:30pm on Thursday.
5. Have your photo taken in the 35 Denton Photobooth (make sure you hashtag it #35Denton on Twitter!).
6. Check out Fab Deuce, The Wee Beasties and Brave Combo over at the 35 des Refuses show located inside The Creative Art Studio.
7. Have a beard painted onto your face at the UNT Painting & Drawing Association’s booth.
8. Get your hair did by the folks over at the Ogle booth.
9. Taste Scott Porter’s “Balls™”over at his, Pam Chittenden (of Pam Food fame) and Harlin Anderson’s (Meat Guns BBQ) meatball stand.
10. Listen to a discussion on show flyers at the Art of Rock panel discussion 5:30 Friday at Sweetwater.
11. Don’t try the ceviche nachos while at Sweetwater, though, unless you wanna be at home sick on Sunday when The Jesus and Mary Chain are playing.
12. Listen to heavily vetted musicians discuss the ins and outs of touring in a panel discussion entitled Get in the Van (wish Henry Rollins would’ve stuck around, huh?) featuring Chris Flemmons.
13. Listen to some literary fare over at Words & Music at Dan’s Silverleaf from 12 - 4 on Sunday.
14. Go check out the first ever Beard Pageant.
15. Catch The Jesus and Mary Chain Sunday evening at 8pm on the Main Stage.
16. Find one of the many cool dudes over at Swashlabs and thank them for being a sponsor this year.
17. Take a break from all the action outside and go into the bar at Hannah’s and have a nice cocktail.
18. Finish your Thursday night at Rubber Gloves listening to Om tear it up.
19. Catch 35 Founder, Chris Flemmons’, band, Baptists Generals play a rare show on main stage #2 at 7pm on Friday.
20. Remember the Yellow House that was and watch Cartright 9:30pm at Dan’s on Friday.
21. Request My Sharona from Bradford Cox and Atlas Sound at the main stage #2 5:30pm on Saturday.
22. Warm up for the 80’s by jamming out with 90’s superstars, Built to Spill, 7pm at the main stage #2 on Sunday.
23. Grab a delicious banh mi sandwich from the Nammi food truck.
24. Find one of us and thank us for recommending that you eat that delicious banh mi sandwich. You’re welcome.
24. Go yell at Austin-via-Denton post-rockers, Sans Soleil, for moving out of Denton 11:30 at Banter on Sunday.
25. Find Central Track founder, Pete Freedman, and tweet about whatever he happens to be doing at the moment.
26. Take a shower or two.
27. Try and figure out any possible future name changes for the festival. Maybe something like 5.91608 ^2?
28. Get at least 20 total hours of sleep during the 4-day extravaganza.
29. Tip your Jupiter House barista a little extra. Maybe wink at them, too.
30. Watch people dressed in drag race around the downtown area with the D.R.A.G. Race.
31. Go to one of the many free I Love Math Records day shows over at Cool Beans every day of the festival starting around 1pm.
32. Take ten minutes to hug everyone you see who is wearing a T-shirt that says 35 Denton, 35 Conferette or NX35 (make sure it’s been washed since then, though).
33. Take another break from the action and watch Avenue Q. It’s presented by the Music Theatre of Denton and is playing at the Campus Theatre all weekend.
34. Tell us in the comments section the one band you’re most-excited to see that we didn’t mention.
35. Go fishing in Oklahoma.