This weekend starts off strong, but kinda fizzles once Saturday comes along. If you know of something fun going on, please let us know in the comments!
Thursday, February 28th:
- We Denton Do It Presents: This Will Destory You / Botany | Dan's Silverleaf | 9pm | $16
We've told you plenty of reasons why you should be attending this show. At this point, we're pretty sure you're going. If not, read our reasons again! We'll see you there.
- Free All You Can Eat Mac and Cheese Buffet | MacDaddy's | 7-10pm | Free
When we decided to open up our weekend previews to more than just music, this wasn't exactly what we had in mind, but c'mon, can you beat free macaroni and cheese especially when it's in buffet form? Quit your stupid paleo diet and carbo load before hitting up This Will Destroy You at Dan's.
Friday, March 1st:
- Armadillo Ale Works Launching Party | Oak St. Drafthouse | 5-10pm | Free
You've already thoroughly enjoyed their two non-alcoholic beverages. Now it's time to pony on up to OSDH&CP on Friday to be one of the first to enjoy the official first beer of Armadillo Ale Works, Quakertown Stout. A free glass will come with your beer! Also, local awesome screen printing dudes, Pan Ector, will be there live printing AAW and OSDH&CP shirts, too. Can you beat that?
- First Friday on the Square | The Square (mostly Oak St.) | Friday evening | Free
When you're done at OSDH, walk the block over to the square for more free Friday fun. Lots of fun stuff happens on first Friday. Businesses on Oak St. (and some on the square) will be having live music, etc... Make sure you stop by and check things out!
- Cartright / Cozyhawks / Daniel Folmer | Dan's Silverleaf | 9pm | $5
Denton ex-pats, Cartright are coming back to town again to bring their specific brand of scorched vocal cord folk rock to the masses. Over the years, Austin has treated Ben Cartright well. Come see how. The odds on suspenders-usage currently sit at 2:1 for your show betting purposes.
- Midnight Society / Diamond Age | Rubber Gloves | 9PM | $5/$7
Saturday, March 2nd:
Electric Saloon Burlesque / Cabaret Review | Rubber Gloves | 9PM | $10/$15
And then on Saturday there's an interesting looking burlesque/cabaret show at Rubber Gloves. It's an eclectic weekend, folks.
Sunday, March 3rd
- Hares on the Mountain - Dan’s Silvearleaf | 7pm | Free
And, as always, hit up Dan’s early Sunday evening for some always-good Americana for free, but you're already going to these shows, right?